Monday, September 1, 2008

Pre-canvassing

Tomorrow begins what I expect will be a monumental experience. For the next two and a half months, I will act as Canvassing Director for Work for Progress' Progressive Future project to ensure the election of Barak Obama and Joe Biden. This position entails a gargantuan pile of responsibilities and trips across the country. My training will commence with celebrating my 26th birthday by canvassing the neighborhoods of San Francisco and learning how to set up and run an office. This year my birthday wish may be politically themed.

I am anticipating long work hours for the next two and a half months so I don't know how much time I'll have available to blog about my adventures. I may be tempted to spend my free time napping. However, I realize that there are people who are eager to stay updated on all of my doings (hi Mom) so I'll do my best to keep Obamarama current. I suppose another benefit of maintaining a blog would be the reward of a log recording my journeys through fall 2008 that I can look back on one day when the experience isn't as fresh in my mind.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There African-Americans at a place called Lynchburg? Wow. Great work, Katie. I hope you enjoy the experience. -Richmond